Today, BravoTV FINALLY announced that the premier of Top Design Season 2 is scheduled for September 3rd. They also revealed the thirteen contestants – which is interesting since they also revealed the Project Runway contestants this week – and that show premiered tonight!
Back are judges Jonathan Adler, Margaret Russell and Kelly Wearstler. Todd Oldham is being billed as the contestants design “mentor” – which I think is perfect for him. He is very sweet but was terribly wooden as host last year. They previously announced that India Hicks was going to be the host – but she’s not even mentioned in today’s press release. So, I’m not sure yet what that means. I guess we’ll find out soon enough. Meanwhile, the contestants, their ages and hometowns are listed below. I’ve also linked them to their Bravo Bios. Over the summer I’ll do in depth posts about each designer – I’ll be researching their websites, backgrounds and professional experience.
· Eddie, 30 – Hometown: Greenwich, Conn.; Resides in New York City
· Jennifer, 28: Hometown: Minneapolis, Minn.: Resides in New York City
· Kerry, 40 – Hometown: Easley, S.C.; Resides in Atlanta, Ga.
· Natalie, 24: Hometown: Montgomery, Ala.: Resides in Atlanta, Ga.
· Nathan, 30 – Hometown: Denver, Colo.; Resides in New York City
· Ondine, 38 – Hometown: Mountainside, N.J.; Resides in New York City.
· Preston, 27: Hometown: Amarillo, Texas: Resides in Los Angeles, Calif.
· Robert, 40 – Hometown: New Brunswick, Canada; Resides in Houston, Texas
· Serge, 27 – Hometown: Los Angeles, Calif.; Resides in: New York City
· Shazia, 30 – Hometown: Plano, Texas; Resides in Houston, Texas
· Teresa, 35 – Hometown: Tulsa, Okla.; Resides in Las Vegas, Nev.
· Wisit, 30 – Hometown: Gibson City, Ill.; Resides In: Los Angeles, Calif.
I’ve so not been enjoying Design Star – and while I definately had my problems with Top Design Season 1, I have higher hopes for season 2. The production team behind Project Runway and Top Chef are helming TD, so that should bring improvements.
Yay!Would you like my Favorite Tips for a Well-Decorated Home? Click here!