Another week, another snowstorm has come and gone. My brick front walkway has about 3-1/2′ of snow on either side. It’s just nuts! So, clearly, we’re all a little stir crazy here in New England (I know, the rest of the country is in a similar situation). But complaining about the weather is one of our past times. Anyway, I wanted to give a Follow Friday shout out to some excellent New England blogs that I always enjoy reading.
Deborah from Boxwood Terrace always features the most beautiful images and products on her blog. This week, she’s begging Mother Nature for a little green before May. Given how much snow I’m looking out on, I’m not sure we’ll see the grass again before June!
Coming to us from Tricia Mitchell who’s in Maine (brrr) is Avolli. Tricia runs an antiques business specializing in Swedish and Scandinavian antiques, with a smattering of other European finds. Tricia’s blog features product’s of the week at great prices, as well well as her current favorite things and some adventures in cooking.
Lindsay from Everything LEB is one of those adorable, young bloggers who seem so effortlessley chic. I should hate her, but she’s also really sweet and very talented. One of the things I love about her blog are her chic DIY projects. Beautifully executed, these are not your granny’s craft projects. Lindsay is also getting married so of course she’s got weddings on her mind. And apparently she and her pack of girlfriends are currently doing the bachelorette thing – in Florida. Congrats Lindsay!
Laurie at Zinc Studios blog features incredibly beautiful images that inspire her as well as items from her online shop.
My friend Yvonne of Design Vignettes has been here, there, and everywhere recently and is reporting it all with great detail on her blog. She recently attended the NYIGF and posted about all she saw and heard as well as has a great roundup of links from other bloggers who were there. Yvonne is also jumping on the digital magazine bandwagon and is about to launch New England Finery.
Amy at Maison Decor features a decidedly feminine style that is always gorgeous to look at.She’s also quite the artist and recently did a giveaway of a house sketch for a lucky reader!
Maya from Completely Coastal showcases some of the prettiest sea-themed items going – never kitschy, always stylish. I’m always impressed when a blogger hits upon a single theme and does it up right. I don’t have that kind of discipline (or possibly attention span!).
Other fabulous New England design professionals with blogs include:
- Leslie Fine Interiors – by award winning designer Leslie Fine
- Wilson Kelsey Design – Interiors and Architecture by award winning husband and wife team of Sally Wilson and John Kelsey
- StacyStyle – by stylist Stacy Kunstel
- New England Home magazine
- The Downest Dilettante – from an antiques dealer in Maine (for those Non-New Englander’s who may not know where “Downeast” is.
- Katy Elliot – former web editor for House and Garden and Domino, features the renovation of her antique home in Marblehead, plus lots more
- Focus on Design – by decorator Renee Palazola
- Storibook Designs – by Sarah O’Neil. Her blog features in the inside scoop of the goings on at her busy design studio
- On Interior Design – by designer AbbeyK – a designer’s view of the design biz
Whew… lots of great things coming out of New England. I am certain I’ve missed some people, so feel free to shoot me an email and I’ll add the links.